Making a special trip? Contact us to verify that these hours have not changed due to a meeting, vacation, etc.
1. How can I contact an advisor?
2. Do I need to make an appointment to see an advisor?
We accept walk-ins only during hours listed above.
3. Where is the advising office located?
The third floor (Floor Map) of the Allen Building (Campus Map). Come to the main office and sign-in at the front desk.
4. What are the requirements to transfer into the Economics department?
Internal Transfers (from within A&M):
- 2.25 cumulative GPA
- Completed ECON 202 and 203
- 2.5 in all ECON coursework
- Completed either MATH 141 or higher MATH course with a C or better
- 2.0 in all MATH coursework
- 90 cumulative hours or less
External Transfer (from an outside institution):
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- 24 completed hours
- Must have completed ECON 202 or higher (2.5 GPA in all Economics coursework)
- Must have completed Math 141 (TCCNS MATH 1324) or higher (2.0 GPA in MATH coursework from MATH 141 and higher)
5. How do I change my major to Economics (currently an A&M student)?
Fill out a Change of Curriculum form, bring it to the third floor of the Allen Building and talk to an advisor.
6. How do I switch from a B.S. to a B.A. or vice versa?
You should discuss the change with an advisor to understand how this change will affect your course of study. An advisor can assist you in determining whether the switch fits with your goals and implement the switch for you if necessary.
7. How do I declare or get rid of a minor?
You may add a minor before 90 hours are completed and delete a minor at any point before graduation. Contact an advisor to process your request.
8. How do I know what classes to take each semester?
Check your degree evaluation, which can be found at the Howdy Portal.
9. How can I get "forced" into a class in the Economics department?
Forces will only be granted to graduating seniors when space allows. Send your request to the Senior Academic Advisor, Sarah Ura, at her email that can be found above.
10. How can I get "forced" into a class in another department on campus?
You must contact that department.
11. Who processes Q-drops?
Either Undergraduate Advisor can process q-drops. Please complete the Q-Drop Request Form prior to meeting with an advisor.
12. How do I apply for graduation?
Go to the Howdy Portal. Under the 'MyRecord' tab, select the 'Application for Graduation' link in the Degree Evaluation channel.
13. What is the Residency Requirement?
University regulations require that every student must complete 36 hours of 300-400 level coursework in residence at Texas A&M to complete a baccalaureate degree; 12 of those hours must be in the major.
14. How does pre-registration work?
Go to the Howdy Portal, click the tab for the current semester, click on 'Registration' and your sign-up time will be listed. During your assigned registration period, you may register for a maximum of 17 hours for the fall and spring semesters and 6 hours for each summer term. If you miss or do not complete your pre-registration during your assigned 48 hours, you will have to wait for open registration.
See the Registration Schedule.